Simply & practical Japanese restaurant glossary

publicado 1/5/16



This time I decided to share with you a small but very practical Japanese-English glossary that can be very useful when you are going to a Japanese restaurant, even better, if you are traveling to Japan.  And of course, you could use it to surprise someone, catch the attention of your friends or show up a little with your date...
  
  • Irasshaimase - Welcome
  • Good morning - Ohayo gozaimasu
  • Good afternoon - Konnichiwa
  • Good night - Konbanwa
  • Goodbye - Sayonara
  • Thanks - Arigatou / Okini (Kyoto)
  • You are welcome- Dou Itashi mashite
  • Kanpai – Cheers (sake – wine – beer)
  • Itadakimasu – Enjoy your meal
  • Excuse me / Please - Sumimasen
  • How much does it cost? - Ikura desu ka?
  • Could you do me a discount? - Makete Kudasai?
  • Where is the bathroom? - Toire doko desu ka?
  • The bill, please - Okanjo onegai Shimasu
  • Where I am? kokowa doko desu ka?
  • I have eaten well - Oishikatta desu
  • It is delicious - Oishii desu
  • It is very delicious - Totemo oishii desu
  • Give me a tea please - Ocha Kudasai
  • Give me water please - Omizu Kudasai
  • Give me a draft beer please- Nama biiru Kudasai
  • Give me a beer please - Biiru Kudasai
  • Give me this please - Kore Kudasai
  • Give me that please - Are Kudasai
  • An ashtray please - Haizara Kudasai
  • Is smoking allowed? - Tabako suttemo iidesuka?
  • Yes - Hai
  • No - Lie / Give me desu
  • Can I take pictures? - Syashin tottemo iidesuka?
  • Could you take me  a photo? - Syashin totte moraemasuka?
  • Coffee - Kohi
  • Sugar - Satou
  • English tea - Kocha
  • Japanese tea - Nihon cha
  • Hot - Atsui
  • Cold - Tsumetai
  • Big - Okki
  • Small - Chiisai
  • Expensive - Takai
  • Cheap - Yasui
  • Do you speak English / Spanish? – English / Supeingo wakarimasuka?



Would you helps us with more useful Japanese restaurant's words or sentences?  


Opiniones de Facebook